- First prize: $5,000 and a contract to produce a show on ScoopFM and ZenoLive.
- Runner-up prizes (2): $1,000 and a contract to produce a show on ZenoLive.
Process & Rules:
- Go to hatianradiostar.com (the “Website”) to enter.
- Submit by uploading the following:
- An mp3 file of a radio talk show you would like to produce. This should be an example of what the actual show will sound like. You can have callers, sound effects, etc. but the file should not include any recorded music. The file should be between 5-30 minutes. The site will give you access to the ZenoLive platform in order to create the file.
- A short (1 paragraph) biography.
- A picture of you.
- The submission period for entries will be April 1 – June 30. During this period (Round 1) Zeno will begin promoting the contest to listeners. You will have a link to your example show that you can send to friends and admirers and promote on social media. Listeners will be able to access your show on the ZenoLive network through the internet or by calling a dedicated phone number.
- Round 1 – between July 1 – July 8, judges will select 9 entries as semi-finalists.
- Round 2 – On July 9, 9 semi-finalist entries will be posted on the Website. Listeners can access and vote for your show through the website or by calling the dedicated dial-in number. During this period it is important that you ramp up your personal promotion in order to drive listeners to your show. On July 18, 3 finalists will be chosen. Finalists will be judged by a) votes by listeners on the website and over the phone, and b) your level of personal promotion (social media posts & likes, etc.). Only entrants who are available to host a live show on TBD will be eligible to proceed to the finals.
- Final round – on August 30, the 3 finalists will each host a 30 minute show live on ScoopFM. At the end of all 3 shows, voters will be able to call in and vote for the winner.
- The winner will be announced on TBD. An event will be held at TBD and both the first place and runners up will be presented with their checks and contracts to host new ZenoLive shows.